SubjectRE: Record locking through NFS.
Date
I've tried what you propouse me but when I make:
patch -p1 < linux-2.2.7-sunrpc.patch

the system ask me:
*.c ...
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected ! Assume -R? [n]

It's possible that my kernel 2.2.10 is newer (although I think I have
installed knfsd 1.4.6) and then "patch" tells me that warning ?

Please, could you give me a little help on this: I'm newbie and never made
kernel updates or applying patches. Please could you give more detailed
instructions ?

I want to thank you very much your help.

Enrique

ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/support/hjl/knfsd/knfsd-1.4.7.tar.gz

- Apply the following patches included with that package to the kernel:

linux-2.2.7-sunrpc.patch
nfsd-2.2.7-3.patch
nfsd-2.2.7-nfsfh.patch
nfsd-2.2.7-2.lockd.patch

Life should then improve considerably. I've given up trying to understand
why these are not in the base kernel, so don't ask...

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.106 / U:0.108 seconds]