SubjectRe: MVP4 sound Support
Date
> Anthony Barbachan wrote:
> > I've got a motherboad with an MVP4 chipset. This chipset has
integrated
> > video and sound. Its suppose to have backward Soundblaster
compatability
> > however sound still doesn't work. I was wondering if anybody was
working on
> > a sound driver for this integrated sound in this chipset. If not I
might
> > write one myself.
>
> Funny you should say that. :) I just e-mailed such a driver to Alan
> Cox for inclusion in future kernels. You can get stable version 1.0.0
> at
> http://havoc.gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/vt82cxxx-audio-2.3.16.patch.gz
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff

Alright!!! Great the sound was the only thing left to have this system
fully capable. Does this driver require the builtin SB emulation or are you
controling the PCI sound system directly? I'd like to turn off the SB
emulation if its unneeded.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.077 / U:0.048 seconds]