    Subjectnfs locking problems under Redhat 6.0/ 2.2.11..

    I am using Redhat 6.0 with kernel version 2.2.11 with the knfsd-1.2.2-4
    RPM installed and the knfs server compiled in to the kernel. My goal is
    to have this linux system server nfs for some other systems (mainly linux
    and a Sunos and netbsd machine in the transition, however linux is the
    most important). It has been working fairly good with the execption of nfs

    I want to nfs mount a mail spool directory as part of this. The client I
    am using is also another linux system, Redhat 6.0 running the default
    2.2.5-15 kernel and with the knfsd-clients-1.2.2-4 RPM installed. I
    mount the mail spool and try to check mail with mh and get the following:

    spock 133> inc
    inc: unable to lock and fopen /var/spool/mail/millerlu

    using pine I get:
    [Can't open inbox (file /var/spool/mail/millerlu): not in valid mailbox format]

    using elm I get:
    spock 135> elm
    Cannot flock folder "/var/spool/mail/millerlu"! [No locks available]

    So, it is pretty clear there is a locking issue here.

    Another thing I tried was to apply the following patches to a 2.2.11

    And compile and install the knfsd-1.4.7 user programs and try doing nfs
    servering with that with the same resaults.

    Any ideas would be greatly apprecated.

    * Luke Miller System Administrator *
    * 541-754-7325 *

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.032 / U:5.420 seconds]