SubjectRe: RFC: /proc/module namespace
Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> My point is that module != driver. A module is something that may be
> compiled separately from the kernel.

"may" is the key word. A driver can be compiled separately from the
kernel too, of course, making a driver and module the same thing.

The current kernel view of things is that EVERYTHING is a module. Most
kernel drivers behave exactly the same whether they are a module or not.

> So at the very least, the directory should be /proc/drivers. Except that

Since /proc/module naming is a source of confusion I'll buy that.

--
Americans' greatest fear is that America will turn out to have been a
phenomenon, not a civilization.