    Subjectarch/xxx/config.in
    As some of you might have noticed, I've undertaken the task of structuring
    all the Config.in and config.in files in a consistent manner. One thing
    that isn't done yet, is the finishing touches that has to be done on the
    architecture specific things (thus my cc to all(?) the maintainers of
    the different ports.)

    I know that some of the ports are CVS'd (or similar), thus there's a huge
    potential that any changes I make simply disappear at the next sync with
    Linus. Therefore I would like to ask now whether there are any objections
    to this, in that case which, and also explain what I'd like to do.

    The things I intend to do is:

    1.) Indent the config.in files in a similar manner and clean up everything
    to be consistent, following the notes I've added on this (see
    2.3.18ac4 or newer) in CodingStyle

    2.) Make all options that depend on other options indented in a consistent
    manner (see all the changes I've made to the Config.in files)

    3.) Make the Config menus for all ports as similar to other ports as
    possible

    4.) Move as much non-platform specific parts as possible away from
    config.in to someplace more suited (an example is the SCSI-menu, which
    at least by a quick glance appeared almost the same for all ports
    (I noticed only one difference, which simply can be if'ed...)

    I hope to get some response on this, both from the CC'd persons and from
    other people on the list.

    PS: I hope I got the right e-mail addresses for everyone; I took them
    from MAINTAINERS, so if they are wrong, please submit patches to
    fix this...

    /David
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
    // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:60.764 seconds]