SubjectNeed help on missing scsi devices.
Date
Two questions need help from Linux Gurus.  I am using RH6.0:

1, I have 8 drives (in a JBOD) connected. During the driver installation,
Linux does see all 8 drives with Inquiry command and printed out vendor
information. However, at the end the Linux only popped up four device node,
sdb, sdc, sdd, sde. Other four detected drives are not shown.

Which kernel parameter limited the device node creation and how do I do to
make the Linux can create up to 124 device node (the max target number for
this driver is 128)?

2, With DELL PowerEdge2300, two CPU in the system, what command I can use to
find how many CPUs in the system and how do I enable the 2nd CPU?

Many thanks!

-eddie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.032 / U:0.416 seconds]