    SubjectRe: NFS corruption revisited
    On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
    >
    > > You need tcpdump data with the rpc fully decoded. Padding rpc's is quite
    > > valid and that is what the trace shows I believe.
    > >
    > > How close are AIX and Solaris nfsd I wonder
    >
    > Having had the dubious pleasure of using NFS between AIX machines in my
    > daily existance, I can state with some certainty that the server has
    > problems galore.

    Interesting... We experience no such errors what-so-ever with our
    AIX-machines (we have installed virtually every existing recommended
    patch, though.)

    > We experience random corruption, disappearing files and, occasionally,
    > complete brain-death of the server threads. The latter invariably require
    > a complete reboot of the host to set straight..

    The only problems we ever experience is with AIX nfsd <-> Linux nfs v2.
    Before, we also experienced the same problem with SunOS (Solaris) nfsd <->
    Linux nfs v2, but after a patch from Sun, this problem disappeared.
    Exactly the same pattern of error, though.

    /David
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
    // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.047 / U:88.676 seconds]