SubjectRe: NFS corruption revisited
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > You need tcpdump data with the rpc fully decoded. Padding rpc's is quite
> > valid and that is what the trace shows I believe.
> >
> > How close are AIX and Solaris nfsd I wonder
> Having had the dubious pleasure of using NFS between AIX machines in my
> daily existance, I can state with some certainty that the server has
> problems galore.

Interesting... We experience no such errors what-so-ever with our
AIX-machines (we have installed virtually every existing recommended
patch, though.)

> We experience random corruption, disappearing files and, occasionally,
> complete brain-death of the server threads. The latter invariably require
> a complete reboot of the host to set straight..

The only problems we ever experience is with AIX nfsd <-> Linux nfs v2.
Before, we also experienced the same problem with SunOS (Solaris) nfsd <->
Linux nfs v2, but after a patch from Sun, this problem disappeared.
Exactly the same pattern of error, though.

_ _
// David Weinehall <> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> </ Full colour fire </