SubjectRe: NFS corruption revisited
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> > Oh, and if it happens to work, *PLEASE* report your success to the list.
> > Because in that case, I can happily hack up a boot-time option for this.
> > (It shouldn't be a compile-time option, because it only affects buggy
> > servers.)
>
> Actually a sysctl interface would be much better I think.

Ehrm, as I said in my follow-up to my own post, a mount-time option would
be best, because not all nfs-servers need this option, and if you mount
from several servers, a sysctl wouldn't enable you to set the flag for
specific mounts.

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans