SubjectRe: Accountability
On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 01:58:02AM +1000, Colin McCormack wrote:
> I looked at the patch, it didn't look unstable, unclean or insubstantial. It
> looked like a fairly straight-forward and elegant mod, to me.
>
> I note that there have been 4 released versions of the patch, going back to
> 2.0.29. One would have thought it was in a reasonable position to go into
> 2.2.1.
>
> Although I am not the author of the work in question, if it was me, I'd be
> looking for some reasoned feedback as to why it's not in the kernel already,
> otherwise I'd become rapidly disenchanted, discouraged and demotivated.
>
> I doubt that's good for Linux.
>
> Colin.

I think your taking this a little too far. Things don't just magically
appear in the kernel. The author needs to submit it in a suitable fashion
for inclusion. So the answer might be as simple as "The author never tried
to get it included", have you even asked the author about this and does
s/he even _want_ it in the kernel?

Ben

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:1.463 / U:1.272 seconds]