SubjectRe: e2fsprogs-1.15 change for llseek check
From
   Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:47:04 -0400
From: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>

Any objections to this change to use llseek if configure finds it in libc,
regardless of OS? We might add llseek to glibc for hurd, and then this
would dtrt both before and after without further changes to
e2fsprogs.

The reason why I have this there is I've gotten screwed in the past with
glibc and its headers --- glibc folks claim that llseek isn't standard,
so they reserve the right to jerk things around arbitrarily. People
have had filesystems corrupted because of the glibc developer's
intransigence, so I don't feel much like depending on glibc keeping
llseek()'s behaviour standardized. That's why under Linux systems I
don't trust glibc's implementation of llseek at all. Once burned, twice
shy....

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.038 / U:0.552 seconds]