    SubjectRe: MTRR setting and framebuffer driver
    Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > I would like either vesafb, or the MTRR driver to realise that this
    > 2.5MB region is a sub-region of the 4MB region that won't be used by
    > anything else, so it is safe to allocate a 4MB write-combining MTRR.
    > Richard, is this possible now that we have the resource tree to examine?
    > Perhaps it is possible to generically permit rounding an MTRR range,
    > provided the extra address space is not used in the resource tree, and
    > if this condition changes in the tree, to remove the MTRR.

    IMHO this should be done in vesafb, possibly based on the value passed
    to __request_region().

    Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
    Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's
    | supposed to do. -- R. A. Heinlein

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:0.508 seconds]