    SubjectRe: Lockups - lost interrupt
    On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 wrote:

    >FYI, i'm working on a patch for 2.3 that adds the NMI oopser (optionally,
    >because 1) it doesnt work on all SMP boxes, and 2) it forces the timer irq
    >to the BP) to the 2.3 kernel. Looks like one of the most common uses of
    >IKD is lockup detection - the rest is mostly used by kernel hackers. I'll

    Yes. Also the print-eip patch may be useful to sort out lockups.

    >post it together with some other x86 APIC fixes and irq cleanups soon.

    If you agree I can merge it into the ikd patch when your new one will be
    ready. Also I think it's the time to port the IKD patch to 2.3.18ac1... ;)

    I have a question about debuggers. Is kdb GPL'd? If so and if Scott will
    agree I can merge it into the IKD patch while porting the current ikd
    patch to 2.3.x. If I'll merge kdb I can remove the old debugger that
    doesn't work for people (SIGTRAP probelem and I had not the time to go
    into that myself).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:64.496 seconds]