    SubjectDigital Cameras...

    I'd like to get a digital camera, primarily for doing stuff on the web
    to save from having to develop film, scan, etc.

    I don't want to have to go buy a computer and put Whendoze on it. I
    don't even really want to have to buy a PC.

    I've only looked at one camera so far (Nikon Coolpix 950), and it would
    seem to have a serial interface but it has proprietary drivers for getting the
    pictures from the camera to a PC, unless you get a memory card reader, which
    connects to a PC parallel port and also uses proprietary software, for

    Here, I run mostly Sparc systems, only one PC, most of the machines run
    Linux (a few still run SunOS 4.1.4 owing to the lack of FDDI support for Sparc
    machines running Linux)...

    Can anybody tell me if there are any digital cameras that work under
    Linux, preferably that aren't tied to the PC hardware architecture, preferably
    in the megapixel range?

    If that's not the case, are there any emulators that work under Linux that
    emulate Whenbloze sufficiently well to allow software like that for the Coolpix
    to work under Linux without having to boot up Whenblows?

    I'd really like something that I can bring pictures into my workstation
    without the need to switch hardware or boot a different OS. Thanks for any
    advice you can offer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:13.036 seconds]