   Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:53:20 +0200 (CEST)
From: Andrea Arcangeli <>

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

>I've been meaning to fix this, the way to really do it is:

Guys I implemented kmem_cache_destroy() long ago!!

And as I described it's the wrong answer to this problem, instead
kmem_cache_create needs to be made more intelligent. Adding a new
interface for cache destruction requires changes to all users of SLAB,
making SLAB creation more intelligent does not.

This is why your patch was not applied.

I find it amusing how you even quote my email where I describe how it
should be fixed, and then complain about your approach not being
looked at.

David S. Miller