       Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:53:20 +0200 (CEST)
    From: Andrea Arcangeli <>

    On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

    >I've been meaning to fix this, the way to really do it is:

    Guys I implemented kmem_cache_destroy() long ago!!

    And as I described it's the wrong answer to this problem, instead
    kmem_cache_create needs to be made more intelligent. Adding a new
    interface for cache destruction requires changes to all users of SLAB,
    making SLAB creation more intelligent does not.

    This is why your patch was not applied.

    I find it amusing how you even quote my email where I describe how it
    should be fixed, and then complain about your approach not being
    looked at.

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.022 / U:1.224 seconds]