SubjectRe: New resources - pls, explain :-(
> It says that I propose pci_request_device() allocating _the_resources_, so that
> the problems we were speaking about some mails ago will be solved and usual
> drivers still won't need to do any resource magic -- they'll just say
> "grab this device and anything that comes with it".

I still need this anyway for I2O btw - I need to go from bus, slot, func to
pci_dev then to grab its resources.

> But anyway, I feel that making pci_request_device() allocating all
> the resources is a better solution.

It solves the problem for some devices, and makes them a lot cleaner
in their resource handling. It certainly cleans up code and tidies up
a lot of the potential for resource leaks in error cases.

Legacy resources need direct handling, special cases do too. No big deal

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.057 / U:0.508 seconds]