    SubjectNFS under 2.2.12
    I'm attempting to use the "stable" kernel-2.2.12 with knfsd-4.7.1 and
    knfsd-lock-4.7.1mdk and its a mess. Most of the problems seem
    assosciated with nfs. So far I've seen the following:

    1. The lockd process won't start - when I run rpc.lockd I get the
    message "lockdsvc: invalid argument"
    2. Directories mounted with the automounter will just "go away",
    usually in such a way that tasks referencing
    them hang.
    3. In some cases systems hung altogether, no cursor movement, no
    rlogin, no nfs - the only sign of life is
    that it responds to a ping. In one case the system came back after
    20 minutes with no known action on
    my part.
    4. Under RedHat 5.2, I could refer to filesystems mounted under root
    directly (/net/system/home). Under the
    new stuff this doesn't work. If this is a design feature, its one
    that causes real pain.

    I would be glad to provide any debugging information, if you tell me
    what you need. NFS is a crucial part of my
    environment and is now making my Linux systems less stable than my
    NT stuff!

    Bob Nelson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.028 / U:29.448 seconds]