    SubjectRe: Cache incoherencies [example code]
    On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 02:43:19PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

    > What happens if I simply try to create an additional mapping for an
    > existing page ? Basically, what happens if I use ioremap on the physical
    > location of a kmalloc'ed page ?
    > Of course, I will end up having two virtual mappings to the same page,
    > but if I make sure to only actually use the uncachable one, will there be
    > a problem ? Would something prevent ioremap from creating a mapping for a
    > physical page in the SDRAM range ?

    ioremap is not intended to be used for that purpose. It may work for
    some systems and fail on others. So you'll have to supply a new function
    for that purpose which on some architectures may just be the same as

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.023 / U:0.580 seconds]