    SubjectRe: [rtl] Low-latency patches working GREAT (<2.9ms audio latency), see testresults ,but ISDN troubles

    On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:

    > A 25% disk i/o decrease is very serious. Lets get some serious feedback
    > from people running internet and database servers before we blow off
    > the server users in order to compete with BEOS.

    Guys, if anybody thinks we're competing with BeOS, then wake up. BeOS is a
    niche OS that isn't worth competing against, and at most we can try to
    find out what it's good at and see if we can emulate some of it. But 25%
    disk IO decrease is definitely not something we want to even consider.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:2.090 / U:0.520 seconds]