    SubjectRe: idea: MAC level compression & crypto
    Elmer Joandi wrote:
    > for justification, there could be an reference rot13 transformation
    > module :)
    > or even more innocent - byteorder swaping transformation :)
    > I feel I am been missing possibility for rot13 transformation of all IP
    > packets for longer.

    I really recommend NOT hinting at encryption by including a "rot13"

    As said before in this thread, HOOKS for encryption are munitions, and
    cannot be exported.

    A hook for rot13 is a hook for a (weak) encryption algorithm. That
    leaves no room to argue "But we didn't intend for it to get used for
    encryption. Just for an optional byte-swap".

    ** ** ** +31-15-2137555 **
    ------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:1.860 seconds]