    I had no least not until I told the BIOS to configure it. Then
    my problems pretty much stopped. It seems a trifle disheartening,
    though, that there doesn't seem to be any simple ways to config up
    PnP/PCI devices....not without many many hours of hacking. Some sort of
    device configuration db would be nice. We could then write a simple
    interface to config devices to specific settings or to let them get

    ..Hmm. Maybe I'm talking through my hat here. Obviously the place for
    device configuration is the driver...and therefore, equally obviously (I
    hope) there should be a PnP/PCI config layer underneath that they can
    use and talk to.

    Is there? Am I missing the point?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.023 / U:7.120 seconds]