    SubjectRe: need docs: using parport & console system
    On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Florian Kusche wrote:

    > parport:
    > parport.h is quite well documented. However, I missed some information about
    > the flags that can be passed to parport_register_device(). What does
    > PARPORT_DEV_COMA mean?

    Nothing -- it's for parport internals only, and it's not actually even
    used any more. The only flag for parport_register_device at the moment is

    > Also, when should I call parport_claim()?

    Normally, you put parport_claim at the beginning of a data transfer that
    cannot be interrupted, and parport_release at the end.

    > At the moment, I'm using exclusive mode. Do I then have to use
    > parport_claim() at all? (It works without) If yes, when should I call it?

    You ought to, yes. It will set up the port's 'current device driver',
    which some of the functions in port->ops rely on.

    You should probably call parport_claim just after parport_register_device

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.018 / U:14.140 seconds]