    SubjectRe: NFS in 2.2.11 (possibly 2.2.x) sucks BIGTIME.
    On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > I would REALLY appreciate if someone could look into this and see if it
    > > would be possible to fix this on the Linux end. I know too little of NFS
    > > myself to look into it, but I know that a lot of people using Linux in
    > > bigger solutions needs this problem solved. Sure, in an ideal world, all
    > > other OS's would bugfix their clients instead, but in the real world, this
    > > won't happen, and that inflicts pain to us.
    > The bug in the SUN NFS server is not easily fixable in the linux client, and
    > since the patches are on sunsolve it seems there is no point

    It's a trifle hard to apply a Sunsolve-patch to Irix or AIX, wouldn't you

    /David Weinehall
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <> /> Northern lights wander \}
    // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:1.548 seconds]