    SubjectRe: VIA chipset hangs???
    On Sun Aug 22 1999, Dubbs wrote:

    > > Btw: peer-concurency is turned on on every machine.

    > How do I turn PCI Peer Concurrency on/off? I can't find anything in the
    > kernel or my BIOS that seems to be related.

    You can't turn it on/off, but you can check out if it's on or not,
    I think there must be some tools to find this out.
    I know that peer-concurrency is turned on on my boards because
    the guys from whom I got them checked the system before
    giving it to me, and they used such a program.
    The results were printed out and it shows that peer-concurrency
    is turned on by default.

    I don't know the name of the tool (it was something Micro$oft-DOS related,
    they started the computer from a disk, it showed "MS-DOS" while
    booting), but I will call and ask if you are interested.

    > I have tried "everything" else suggested. Still hangs.

    Have you tried to disable the "CPU to PCI write buffer" option in
    the BIOS ? On many systems this has been the point of failure.

    Greetings, Heinz.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.021 / U:21.336 seconds]