SubjectRe: UDF FileSystem.
On Mon, Aug 23 1999, Mofeed Shahin wrote:
> G'day all,
> Just a little curious as to when/if UDF support will be included in the
> main kernel?
> It appears that there already exists the patch for the kernel at :
> Are there any problems with it ?

It works fine here. I think the reason that they are not pushing
to get it included in the standard kernel yet, is that the main
use for UDF is with CD/DVD writable devices. And that isn't
quite done yet - but it is a work in progress. A quick estimate
for a working alpha patch is sometime next month. Take a look
at my page, I'll post progress reports there.

* Jens Axboe <>
* Linux CD-ROM Maintainer