    SubjectRe: UDF FileSystem.
    On Mon, Aug 23 1999, Mofeed Shahin wrote:

    > G'day all,
    >
    > Just a little curious as to when/if UDF support will be included in the
    > main kernel?
    >
    > It appears that there already exists the patch for the kernel at :
    >
    > http://www.trylinux.com/projects/udf/index.html
    >
    > Are there any problems with it ?

    It works fine here. I think the reason that they are not pushing
    to get it included in the standard kernel yet, is that the main
    use for UDF is with CD/DVD writable devices. And that isn't
    quite done yet - but it is a work in progress. A quick estimate
    for a working alpha patch is sometime next month. Take a look
    at my page, I'll post progress reports there.

    --
    * Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
    * Linux CD-ROM Maintainer