    SubjectRe: 2.2.9+ extreme instability
    I've had this problem. The system would freeze solidly after three or
    four days requiring a power cycle to get it up again. I too suspected
    hardware since an identical system had been up for over three months on
    2.2.6. It's now four weeks since I moved to 2.2.10ac8 - not a hint of
    trouble.

    Gordon

    On Sun, Aug 01, 03:06PM -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
    > On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
    >
    > > To date, there has been no solution offered that I've seen. Might be
    > > because the crashes leave absolutely no way to gather information about
    > > why it crashed, nor do the logs ever say anything. We just walk in to
    > > find a locked up machine, or we sit watching incredulously helpless, as
    > > the machine spirals down to a dead state.
    >
    > The solution to this sort of problem tends to appear once similar reports
    > show a common element. Have the -ac kernels been tried on this problem
    > setup? Several corruption bugs were spotted in the series and are fixed
    > in the 2.2.11 prepatches. If the problem still isn't fixed, comparing
    > kernel config options against two similar machines may be of immense
    > value -- options like quota being used can sometimes have a significant
    > impact on normal codes.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.023 / U:89.560 seconds]