    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.11pre4
    Hi Linus.

    >>> I wouldn't know, because it's not documented in the man-page due
    >>> to the silly FSF hatred towards man-pages and being easy to use.

    >> Heh. The obvious solution has always seemed to me that man(1)
    >> should be taught about info files.

    > Why? The obvious solution has always appeared to be to just get
    > rid of info files.

    I do that automatically nowadays, since they're useless anyway.

    > The "info" interface makes sense only to people who grok GNU
    > emacs...

    I'd be surprised if even those lusers can make sense of it.

    > ...if you actually want to be user-friendly you either use "man"
    > (because that's how everything else is documented and then you
    > could actually just tell people to use man everywhere) or you
    > use HTML (because that's a _useful_ format that even
    > non-emacsheads can understand).

    The problem with HTML is that it's becoming less and less standard as
    Micro$oft keeps tweaking it. I would therefore say that if you wish to
    use HTML for documentation, you should ensure that it looks decent
    under any reasonable browser - and if the stuff being documented does
    not require a graphics interface itself, that the HTML looks decent
    when read using lynx !!!

    Best wishes from Riley.