SubjectRe: Spam-Problem
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Oliver Xymoron wrote:

> Meanwhile, Majordomo 2 is nearing a useful state. It already knows about
> duplicates (based on message bodies as well as IDs), multiple owners,
> moderators, MIME, real digests, sub-lists, parsing addresses, MTAs other
> than Sendmail, proper bounce processing, users with multiple addresses,
> database subscriber backends, ticket-based approval, running as a daemon,
> etc., etc. so investing much more effort in MJ 1.9x is a waste of time.
> Instead, help out with MJ2: http://www.hpc.uh.edu/majordomo/

You are suggesting, then that we wait for MJ2, live with SPAM (if we
must) in the meantime, and help out on MJ2 as far as our meager natures
and already busy lives permit?

Sounds reasonable. All the solutions posted (well, almost all) have
sounded reasonable, but they also sound like a pain to set up and the
pain is mostly wasted if a "proper" solution is around the corner. So
this sounds like the "most" reasonable solution posted -- one that will
leverage future-but-in-the-pipe improvements in the underlying list
server.

rgb

Robert G. Brown http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567 Fax: 919-660-2525 email:rgb@phy.duke.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.041 / U:0.392 seconds]