SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.12pre
Date

RAID had been upraded to 0.90 in the 2.2.12pre series. Ppl with RedHat
6.0 have been waiting for this since it's release, since RedHat decided
to include raid 0.90 in it's custom kernel. You need to get
raidtools0.90 from ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/alpha. Some
of the names of the utilities have changed, and I >THINK< you may need
to do a mkraid --upgrade or something like that (may be with a force
option) READ THE DOCS. I take no responsibility for failed upgrades,
yada, yada, yada. I'd have a backup handy... You also have to create
a raidtab instead of a mdtab or something like that. Hop over to
linux-raid@vger.rutgers.edu if you need help...

This may be a pain, but it is necessary, IMHO.

fwr