   Date:   Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:44:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dan Hollis <>

Its quite amusing, in email Brian F. Feldman <> is
quite insistent that Alan "stole bsd code". Actually I wonder if
thats actionable libel.

Check some of their changelogs to in_pcb.c and in_pcb.h, note the
entry where the socket hashing function changes somewhere between 1
and 2 years ago, it even outright credits me with the idea from the
Linux socket hashing function. And honestly I don't care, there is no
reason to care, this discussion is pointless.

This conversation is offtopic and going nowhere fast, can people take
it somewhere else?

David S. Miller