SubjectRe: getdents weirdness in 2.3.13
   Date:   Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:59:44 -0700
From: Richard Henderson <rth@cygnus.com>

Getdents isn't listing prefix.h for some reason.

./egcs is a symlink through an autofs nfs mount to another
alpha linux box (also running 2.3.13 fwiw).

Thoughts?

Looks to be a client-side NFS screwup in the getdents implementation.
It could be an off by one error, or perhaps a 64-bit issue (which I
doubt since I did all my testing, at the time, on 64-bit machines).

What would help is to put some triggered debugging in the fs/nfs/dir.c
code and it's RPC callout friends in fs/nfs/proc.c and see where the
prefix.h entry "goes".

My general scheme to track this down, if I could reproduce it, would
be to have "debugging on" knobs for these areas of code, enable them
before the getdents test, and disable right afterwards, so the kernel
logs don't get filled with unrelated junk.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.028 / U:0.088 seconds]