SubjectRe: hdd & sound
Exactly. Someone else agrees with me.
Oh, since you work for creative labs, any chance of getting DVD support from you
guys soon?
According to the guys at creative technical support (the one in Ireland that
everyone in the UK and Ireland goes through to), it would be best for me to "wait
for someone to reverse engineer our code than to wait for a driver" - that was very
honest now wasn't it? :) (probably, he'dbe fired very quickly if they knew). Any
official comment?

Jon.

Joe Cotellese wrote:

> I'd like to add my 2cents FWIW.
>
> 1) I don't believe it's hardware. I agree that too may people are seeing this
> with different hardware.
>
> 2) I'm not so sure it's specific to any one driver. I've been working on the
> ES1371 driver for about a month now (this was also my first experience with
> Linux and sound) and immediately noticed the problems described in this thread.
> For me renicing didn't seem to do anything.
>
> I'm trying to play around with things in the driver to see if they make any
> difference. If I come up with any useful information I'll post it.
>
> Regards,
> Joe C.
>
> /*******************************
> Joe Cotellese Software Engineer
> Creative Labs, Malvern
> 610 647 3930(p) 610 647 8908(f)
> 215 868 0986(m) joec@ensoniq.com
>

> --
> Jonathan C. Masters (jonathan@oxlug.org)
> PGP: www.brookes.ac.uk/~95227860/KEY
>
> "Upon this rock I will build my church,
> and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".
>
> -- Matthew 16, 17-18

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.092 / U:0.288 seconds]