    SubjectRe: [bigmem-patch] 4GB with Linux on IA32
    On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Kanoj Sarcar wrote:

    >For example, driver and fs code which operate on user pages might
    >need to be changed. I hear that Stephen's rawio code made it into

    Yes. Or better I don't want to change the lowlevel blockdevice internals
    so I give to such code always regular pages to eat.

    >2.3.13, so would your patch work if a rawio request was made to
    >a range of user pages that were in bigmem area? Also, debuggers

    No idea about rawio (I have not yet read the rawio code).

    For debuggers I'll add a kmap to access_one_page in ptrace.c, thanks.

    >Basically, any code that does a pte_page and similar calls is suspect,

    Yes it is. But only if such code can deal with anonymous or shm or
    vmalloced pages.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.034 / U:29.540 seconds]