SubjectRe: kernel ac2 2.2.11 SIZE & PowerMac
Date

I don't know about the PPC kernels but on Intel kernels I've always
used bzImage or at least zImage since I don't remember when. Can you
create a zImage or bzImage? That probably doesn't have anything to do
with your fs corruption though...

HTH,

fwr

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm kind of frustrated, right now I had to reinstall on the quick my
> MacOS on my PowerBook. I don't know if that has something to do with
> Alans ac's. But today I got the ac2 of 2.2.11 to compile on my Book, it
> went ok as far the process was concerned. Thanks Alan for merging all
> the ppc stuff. One thing I don't understand, why the heck has the
> vmlinux size grown from two to 6.2MB with the default config??? Can
> anybody tell me?
> And were there some changes in the hfs support??
>
> I hosed my system TOTALLY, I used xhfs, which I think is a frontend for
> hfs support, to transfer the vmlinux to my hfs partition, two times ok,
> the third.....
> Anyway, maybe a an unlucky combination.
>
> Thanks for any hint, hope to get my my machine back to life. (sorry if
> it is an un-wrong/formated) mail
> Andreas
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.050 / U:0.940 seconds]