    SubjectRe: [offtopic] funny BSD people
    > Speaking as someone who was around at the time.
    >
    > Net-2 was based on BSD's stack. They wanted our math emulator,
    > we wanted their stack. We traded. But we've since gone to Net-3.

    Speaking as the person who wrote the net-2debugged code you are talking
    complete and utter crap.

    Linus gave them the FPU emu code (old version he wrote).

    The stack is original, so stop doing down the work of Ross Biro and Don
    Becker. It was done _from scratch_. At the time it looked like *BSD was going
    to be killed by the AT&T lawsuit and we already knew the licenses were
    incompatible.

    Matthais Urlich (whose name I always spell wrong so I will apologise in
    advance) ported the BSD Net/2 stack to Linux as a side thing but it was
    never part of Linux proper

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.025 / U:90.712 seconds]