SubjectRe: scsi_reset requirement questions
> Huh?  Explain please.  When Linus and myself updated the various SCSI drivers
> we took this into account. Most of the drivers never did a damn thing in the

I think they are from fixes to SMP errors made during the 2.1.x fast update
where people also 'overfixed' reset

> reset routines, so those were easy:
>
> return(SCSI_RESET_SNOOZE);
>
> But in the other cases, we tried to make sure things were done right. What
> exactly are you referring to?

eata_dma is broken
aha152x is broken

(and both are now fixed). Aha152x at least is a bug introduced when the driver
was overhauled to fix the errors introduced in the "quick fix" phase during
2.1.x. Unfortunately aha152x has no maintainer and Adaptec don't seem to want
to be helpful on getting more copies of the docs out.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.275 / U:0.148 seconds]