    SubjectRe: Mount
    Neither of you got my *point* the filesystem is READ ONLY - hence the reason
    why I clearly stated that it was a CDROM. Thanks, although I had realised
    both of these two tactics, and yes, I would have done both on a RW
    filesystem, but the point was I needed a way to do it without burning a new
    cd.

    This question has now been answered. The syntax required was "mount -o
    check=r /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom"

    Jon.