SubjectRe: The stability crisis
>>>>> "thedoc" == The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org> writes:

thedoc> On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:09:16PM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> One machine crashes, you have one serial cable, how much spaghetti
>> is that?

thedoc> How about, no computer to hook it to? Not everyone has tons
thedoc> of hardware. How about, the other computer isn't running
thedoc> something that can run a serial dump catch program?

An 8086 will do this, or even a printer now. If not use pen and
paper.

thedoc> His question was, how to catch a dump without serial cables,
thedoc> what ever the reason, and without writing out something that
thedoc> is large an meaningless to most people.

Yes and I am saying that if I as a kernel developer were to help
someone with a bug report I would at least expect them to make a
little effort to get me the debug info I need to debug it.

Next.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.106 / U:0.016 seconds]