    SubjectRe: nice troll (was: All this resource-fork AKA multiple stream nonsense)
    Alan Cox writes:
    > > On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 01:20:12PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
    > > I don't think I have _ever_ seen a compound document represented as a
    > > directory. I know that TeX users do it sometimes, but they aren't normal
    >
    > What is the kernel tree. I do believe its a compound document in a directory
    > tree.

    There's another obvious example of a document that is often
    represented as a group of files collected in a directory -- a web
    page. Admittedly there's nothing that requires web page authors
    to collect all the files related to a page into a single
    directory, but it's often the obvious solution and one that is
    easily handled even by technically unsophisticated people. And
    Albert can't claim that HTML authors are some rare fringe group
    like TeX users.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.043 / U:2.084 seconds]