SubjectRe: linux headers and C++

Jes Sorensen wrote:
> There is no reason to even try to compile kernel modules with C++
> since it only makes sense to use the features offered by a C compiler
> within the kernel.
>
> The kernel is written in C, there is no reason to pollute drivers and
> other parts of the kernel with restrictions to make it C++ compatible.

I don't mean drivers or any other part of the kernel.

I mean third-party code written to run in kernel space, in C++.
It's possible to make much use of C++ in this area.
You might not like to use it, but that's not a good reason to prevent it.

If significant support was required I would suggest forgetting the idea.
But I believe the changes are minor, easily understood cleanups, so I
see no reason to rule it out.

-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.034 / U:0.132 seconds]