SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.11pre4

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> The ptrace thing is a patch error. I've uploaded pre3->pre4 which is a
> 4K or so fixup for that and some other minor fixes. Im not quite sure
> how I got the ptrace.h file escaping yet, butits back in pre4

I've had multiple header files magically disappearing on me until I traced
it down to "make" being interrupted with ^C _just_ at the moment when it
was handling a header file dependency. It's the ".hdepend" rules, and it
decides that as the "touch" ended with an error it should just remove the
"not correctly made" header file.

It can be irritating as hell, but I couldn't come up with any reasonable
fix. Maybe somebody can come up with a better .hdepend strategy that won't
have that confusion. I couldn't make "make" do what I wanted any way that
didn't have this problem.

Anyway, the pre-4 thing looks ok, although I don't seem to find the
network byte order problem which we fixed in 2.3.x and that caused
ECONNRESET problems under load. Davem? Was that a bug that only existed in
2.3.x in the first place?

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.087 / U:1.096 seconds]