SubjectRe: Your backup is unsafe!
Hi Khimenko.

> But who will DO it ? AFAIK right now vfat does not work at all :-((

It works well enough in 2.2.10 for my purposes, although I'd still
prefer to see those tweaks implemented.

> But yes, it looks like good idea since right now you can not SEE
> short names but can USE them (rm shortnam.ext will remove file,
> for example; and you can not create new file with existing short
> name, etc).

Personally, I see that behaviour as a serious bug in the current code,
as only names that are actually visible should have any affect. OK,
there may be names that are invisible that get labelled as illegal,
and I see no problem with that, but any other behaviour for names that
are not visible is at best a security problem and at worst a disaster
waiting to happen.

> It's frustrating even without backup problems (in fact backup
> problems are not THAT bad: just use doslfnbk from dosemu :-)

Assuming one runs dosemu. I don't.

Best wishes from Riley.