SubjectRe: Problem w/ 2.2.10-ac12 & NCR53c875

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Ed Hall wrote:

> > I am having trouble getting the 2.2.10-ac12 to boot. My system
> > is alpha LX164 w/ NCR53c875.
>
> I noticed this with 2.2.10-ac11. Reverting "arch/alpha/kernel/core_pyxis.c"
> to the original 2.2.10 file fixes it for now. I'm sure a more
> permanent fix will be appearing shortly from Alan Cox and from the
> tireless Alpha contingent.
>
> The problem is a mismatch between where various patches assume the PCI
> windows are located, and not the SCSI driver itself.

And, in case of people would ignore it, I have had to diagnose the problem
by myself and I donnot have an Alpha machine, neither really know of the
Alpha stuff, since the solution was very slow to come.
The solution is known since almost a week, and I didn't see any official
fix for it posted to the lists by the maintainers of the offending code.

If the reason is that this bad changes in the pyxis_core stuff only affect
the sym53c8xx devices and only on Alpha machines and thus guys think it is
not important, then they just appear as not interesting people to me. I am
wondering about what would have happened facing a bad change that affected
also (or only) Adaptec devices on Intel platforms.

Gérard.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.085 / U:0.108 seconds]