    SubjectRe: POSIX.1b timers comments
    Robert de Vries <rhdv@rhdv.cistron.nl> writes:

    > BTW it looks like the kernel is lacking a sysconf system call. Or would
    > everybody prefer it to be in the C library?
    > One of the reasons for being in the kernel would be that certain kernel
    > compile time constants are only known in the kernel and not in the
    > C-library. For instance the number of TIMERS could be changed in the
    > kernel, while the C-library is unaware.

    I'm begging for a sysconf() implementation for a long time but nothing
    happened so far. People are bitten by this on many occasions, like
    changing the HZ value. So, if you press Linus to accept such a patch
    I'll add the necessary libc hooks.

    --
    ---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
    Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA