SubjectRe: POSIX.1b timers comments
Robert de Vries <rhdv@rhdv.cistron.nl> writes:

> BTW it looks like the kernel is lacking a sysconf system call. Or would
> everybody prefer it to be in the C library?
> One of the reasons for being in the kernel would be that certain kernel
> compile time constants are only known in the kernel and not in the
> C-library. For instance the number of TIMERS could be changed in the
> kernel, while the C-library is unaware.

I'm begging for a sysconf() implementation for a long time but nothing
happened so far. People are bitten by this on many occasions, like
changing the HZ value. So, if you press Linus to accept such a patch
I'll add the necessary libc hooks.

--
---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA