    SubjectRe: Microsecond resolution timers - final word
    Hi Robert.

    >> * Can you get an interrupt for each bit accepted?

    > No chance. For various reasons, it's not possible for me to
    > modify the hardware.

    When you say "modify the hardware", do you mean just the device at the
    far end of the wire, or the PC as well?

    If the former, I would seriously consider some sort of simple
    interface to do the serialisation/deserialisation for you, probably
    along the lines of a PIC microcontroller programmed to talk standard
    parallel port on one side and whatever the remote device requires on
    the other...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.027 / U:205.924 seconds]