SubjectRe: Microsecond resolution timers - final word
Hi Robert.

>> * Can you get an interrupt for each bit accepted?

> No chance. For various reasons, it's not possible for me to
> modify the hardware.

When you say "modify the hardware", do you mean just the device at the
far end of the wire, or the PC as well?

If the former, I would seriously consider some sort of simple
interface to do the serialisation/deserialisation for you, probably
along the lines of a PIC microcontroller programmed to talk standard
parallel port on one side and whatever the remote device requires on
the other...

Best wishes from Riley.