    SubjectMicrosecond resolution timers - final word

    I'm in the middle of writing a driver for some obscure hardware I have.
    Problem is, it requires some very specific timing: in some places, it expects
    a response to a request within 20-40 microseconds. (Device is accessed via the
    parallel port.)

    Now, I've studied pretty much every source I have regarding this sort of
    timing (this list archive, kernel source, etc), and it seems that gettimeofday
    is the call I need. But I can find information about the specifics of this
    function, quirks, etc.

    Will this function do the job I'm after, or would something else be better? And
    are there any issues I should be aware of regarding its use? If possible, I'd
    like have this work on a stock kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.025 / U:33.392 seconds]