SubjectMicrosecond resolution timers - final word
Greetings,

I'm in the middle of writing a driver for some obscure hardware I have.
Problem is, it requires some very specific timing: in some places, it expects
a response to a request within 20-40 microseconds. (Device is accessed via the
parallel port.)

Now, I've studied pretty much every source I have regarding this sort of
timing (this list archive, kernel source, etc), and it seems that gettimeofday
is the call I need. But I can find information about the specifics of this
function, quirks, etc.

Will this function do the job I'm after, or would something else be better? And
are there any issues I should be aware of regarding its use? If possible, I'd
like have this work on a stock kernel.

TIA,
Rob.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans