On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > I believe I have created a rather 'safe' SCHED_IDLE patch
> >
> > I hope you enjoy it -- and don't forget to grab the changed
> > rtnice utility:
> If it is safe (looks so), why does it need special sysctl to enable? I
> think that just dropping sysctl will be good.

I am not sure that it is safe in every case. There still
might be possibilities for malicious users to exploit
something so sysadmins are free to cover up that hole while
the more daring users can find it for us :)

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.
| Le Reseau netwerksystemen BV: |
| Linux Memory Management site: |
| Nederlandse Linux documentatie: |