    SubjectRe: tcp or telnet problem?
    Sean McEwan wrote:
    > This suggestion only applies if the customer's box is the RedHat one,
    > and you are using MS's telnet.
    > When I have a telnet session going from Win95 to RedHat 5.2, and I run
    > the 'top' command, I only get the first 5 lines, and the header line
    > for the processes. No processes actually show up. If I use netterm
    > (trial download available at to telnet, I can see
    > processes within top. Maybe this is a similar thing?

    AFAIK, that's just a terminal emulation thing. top doesn't really
    display correctly on anything much other than the linux console or a
    real xterm. Terminal types like vt100 just tend to confuse
    it...especially if there's any bugs in the terminal's handling of the
    type that it claims to support.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.022 / U:42.748 seconds]