    SubjectRe: Exabyte EXB-10 tape changer
    Hi there.

    > I've found the sources (thanks to Rob Turk), and the module
    > compiles under 2.2.10, loads without complaint, but when I try
    > to use the utilities included in the tarball, it gives me:

    > open("/dev/sch0", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not
    > implemented)
    > open("/dev/sch0", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not
    > implemented)
    > open("/dev/sch0", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)

    > I'm not a kernel programmer, so I'd be very happy if someone could
    > help me fix this.

    That last one indicates that the node /dev/sch0 doesn't exist on your
    system. I can confirm that it doesn't exist on mine, so that wouldn't
    surprise me.

    If that is the case, you'll need to determine the required major and
    minor numbers, then create the node from them.

    Michael: Any idea where one might look that sort of information up?

    Best wishes from Riley.