    SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] Some Audiality info...
    Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

    > >From: "David Olofson" <olofson@angelfire.com>
    > >
    > >Back with a description of my project; Audiality.
    >
    > I could not find anything to download. Please put anything related to
    > Audiality (if anything additional exists) including the Audiality Sequencer
    > source codes available, if possible.

    Sorry about that, but as the Linux version development has just started,
    and the modified es1370 driver + Linux/RTL waitqueue interface code is
    about all Linux code available.

    I could put the Delphi/Windoze sources of the old Win16 sequencer on the
    site, but I didn't think it would be very interesting. I could dig out
    something that would compile and run if anyone is interested, but it's
    mostly a "dead" user interface and a simple engine that is set up to
    play lots of tracks from the hard disk. Most of the time I spent on that
    project was finding out what worked and what didn't under Windoze...
    Obviously, what I found out didn't make me too happy.

    I do have a little module player with plug-in DLL support though. Delphi
    32 bit and rather "quick'n'dirty", that too, as I hacked it only in
    order to get an idea of the performance of Win32. Never got around to
    move it to DirectX. I'll can put the sources on the site anyway, if
    anyone wants to play with it.

    > Also, why not use Arts, SF or Quasimodo as an audio engine? They exists
    > already.

    I'll check those out more carefully before I start serious hacking of
    the engine implementation, but I'm afraid any one of those would have to
    be modified quite a lot, possibly breaking even source code
    compatibility for modules, in order to work inside RTL. But anything
    useful will off course be reused, if the authors don't mind.

    One shortcut would be hacking a way to do callbacks from RTL into
    userspace. At least one big problem though: Can user space code be kept
    from being swapped out? And doing something like that easily ends up in
    something that looks all too much like a M$ "solution", I'm afraid...

    > BTW, I would like to know if somebody is working on the kernel problems
    > shown by Benno Senoner. That is, audio RT process handling A/D & D/A
    > should not freeze during heavy disk usage.
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Juhana

    Regards,

    //David

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:3.697 / U:0.040 seconds]