    SubjectRe: Measured overhead of timer interrupts

    On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 wrote:

    > Hello!
    > > Actually sysctl allows converting everything, if you just put in a pointer to
    > > your own handling function [of course for ms it should be put into sysctl.c
    > > as a generic mechanism]. proc_dointvec is just a default.
    > He-he... Looking at do_proc_dointvec was enough for me to forget about
    > idea to create our own private functions 8)8)
    > BTW do you know that we used sysctl absolutely incorrectly?
    > No sys/net variables define "strategy" method, hence sysctl() does not work
    > at all. To be more exact, it does not any checks or transformations.
    > Grr... What sad discovery... :( I make such discoveries not every day 8)
    > Alexey

    Alexey, before you will start any proc-related changes in net/*, could you
    look through the patch partially cleaning up that stuff, OK? I'll dig it
    out and port to the current kernel(s) - it should go both for 2.2 and 2.3.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.023 / U:16.308 seconds]