SubjectRe: Measured overhead of timer interrupts

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Actually sysctl allows converting everything, if you just put in a pointer to
> > your own handling function [of course for ms it should be put into sysctl.c
> > as a generic mechanism]. proc_dointvec is just a default.
>
> He-he... Looking at do_proc_dointvec was enough for me to forget about
> idea to create our own private functions 8)8)
>
> BTW do you know that we used sysctl absolutely incorrectly?
> No sys/net variables define "strategy" method, hence sysctl() does not work
> at all. To be more exact, it does not any checks or transformations.
> Grr... What sad discovery... :( I make such discoveries not every day 8)
>
> Alexey

Alexey, before you will start any proc-related changes in net/*, could you
look through the patch partially cleaning up that stuff, OK? I'll dig it
out and port to the current kernel(s) - it should go both for 2.2 and 2.3.
Later,
Al

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.436 / U:0.020 seconds]